"Parents, remember that now is your opportunity; you may feel yourself harassed as you struggle through the days with an unruly child, but you are living the happiest and most golden years of your lives. As you tuck them into their beds at night, please be kind to them. Let them hear a kind voice amid all the angry vile voices that they will hear throughout life. Let there be an anchor to which these little ones can turn when all else fails" ~ Harold B Lee
I read this quote earlier this week and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. Happy Sunday (and bedtimes!) to you and yours. // Photo from the Loire Valley last spring.
Welcome to 👋 MILK AT THE MUSEUM M E E T S 👋 where I will be interviewing various museum bods and getting some quick but vital answers on some pressing questions in relation to kids and museums. This week we spoke to one of the volunteers at V&A Museum of Childhood @museumchildhood. Volunteering is a fantastic way to gain experience in various roles and allows for a more flexible way of working.
1. A DAY IN YOUR LIFE .. I help the Learning department with school groups and work on the Game Plan exhibition helping visitors where required ⭐️⭐️⭐️
2. WHAT PART DO YOU THINK MUSEUMS PLAY IN THE UPBRINGING OF OUR CHILDREN? It offers an opportunity to learn outside of the school environment as well as enjoying themselves. Allows them to exercise their curiosity and their creativity by engaging with different things 🙌🙌🙌
3. WHAT EVENTS/EXHIBITIONS WOULD YOU RECOMMEND FOR FAMILIES? Game Plan is excellent for families. Hands on interactives and you become part of a massive board game as you wander round.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE OBJECT IN THE MUSEUM? The purple furby in the 'Moving Toys' area that looks like one I had as a child.
5. EARLIEST CHILDHOOD MEMORY? A cathedral my Great Grandma used to take us too. I was scared of the faces of the angels on the wall.
6. APART FROM MUSEUM OF CHILDHOOD WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MUSEUM AND WHY? The V&A @vamuseum, because of the vast amount of objects available to discover.
@glasgowsciencecentre has a fab construction day on today. We've made a magnetic moveable digger and exploring loads more. Check out my story for more of what we've been up to. 😊👍🏻 ..
Definitely add it to the top of your list if you plan on visiting New York. The most amazing museum we have ever visited! We were able to visit for free as we attended a special autism event in the morning. We plan on returning next week with our @citypass!
Today was our last day out for the half term holidays. A day out in Portaferry which included a visit to @explorisni which was awesome! Lunch at the Barholm Guest house's cafe while watching the ferry boat on the Lough and then to top it off a quick stop off at Cunningburn to catch the last of the sunset. The windsurfers and Kite surfers having gone home for the day. Look at those God rays, isn't Strangford Lough just beautiful? What have you guys done over the school break? .